Looking toward the bright blessings to come our way this year!

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Watcha eatin' under there?

At some point yesterday, Elsie learned a favorite word. Underwear. We don't know where she learned it, since we don't refer to her diapers as underwear, we don't say the word hardly ever, and the only book we can think of that even mentions underwear is Dr. Seuss' ABC.

Anyway, the unique thing about this new favorite word is this: she only uses it while praying. So last night while we were saying prayers with her, we started her off with "I'm thankful for..." and she said "My underwear." I don't think either of us had ever even heard her say the word before, so we were both a little surprised and amused. Then she proceeded to be thankful for it five or six times. And when we moved on to "Please bless..." she asked to bless her underwear over and over, and she kept saying "my underwear," even after were done praying. What a silly girl.

3 comments:

  1. She has a good point. Can you imagine life without it? Of all the things you need to work the way it's supposed to...Wisdom beyond her tender years I tell ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But she doesn't have any! That's why we can't really figure out where she got the word from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what I mean! The foresight of a toddler...Amazing!

    ReplyDelete