Looking toward the bright blessings to come our way this year!

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Stupid National League

I really don't know why I even care about the MLB All-Star game. But this year, I found myself tuning in just out of curiosity, then getting caught up in the bottom of the eighth, in which Ryan Howard struck out with runners on second and third and the National League down by one.

Now that the American League will get home field advantage in the World Series for the seventh year in a row, I wonder how long it will take before they change that rule. Although I guess they needn't bother if the World Series continues to only last five games (if that) every year.

I'm thinking of starting a poll:

What will happen first?
A) The National League wins the All-Star game
B) BYU wins an NCAA Tournament game
C) Humans set foot on Mars


I can only hope I'm still around to see any one of those things happen. (Although if I don't see A I won't be broken up about it.)

2 comments:

  1. Ah yes, it sure was nice to live in the land where sports happen BEFORE bedtime!

    How about adding option D) BYU goes BCS? I'm going with E) All of the above will contunue to tease us mercilessly at the beginning stages and dash our hopes (yet again) by the end! (Except humans on Mars--Malachi says he's going to be the first one to play basketball on Mars!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, option E sounds pretty much describes the last four years of my life. Hopefully it doesn't describe the next four as well.

    ReplyDelete