In my days of eating Laffy Taffy, I've seen some borderline not-really-funny jokes. But today I got two "jokes" that individually compete for the lamest ever, and together make up what has to be the most... lacking, to put it nicely, Laffy Taffy wrapper ever. Here you go, judge for yourself:
Q.What happened to the wind?
A.It blew away.
Q.When was meat so high?
A.When the cow jumped over the moon.
I realize these jokes are all submitted by kids and these were probably (hopefully) from two year-olds, but I would think there's some kind of standard of funniness, even if it's a really low standard. Judging by these jokes, there isn't. I guess all you have to do is send in any question/answer combo and they'll put it on a wrapper. After reading these I wouldn't be surprised to see something like
Q. Why don't people eat grass?
A. Because they don't like how it tastes.
or something like that.
And I challenge anyone to drop the question, "When was meat so high?" in a casual conversation. Actually, the more I think of it, the funnier it gets (but just the question, not the answer).
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Contrary to popular belief, Laffy Taffy does have an occasional good joke. I read one the other day:
ReplyDeleteQ: Why was the student's report card all wet?
A: His grades were below C level.
Ba-dum. Pish!
I don't know, the meat joke made me laugh! Maybe I'm just lame.
ReplyDelete