Looking toward the bright blessings to come our way this year!

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Homophones

So, we got the "Sumo of the Opera" VeggieTales video, and the silly song is a "Schoolhouse Rock" spoof about homophones:



And now Elsie makes homophone jokes all the time.

For example:
• Josh: Elsie, do you want a Mike & Ike?
E: No...[then after a second] I mean yes! I didn't "know" what I was talking about. Get it? Homophones, homophones...

• Another time, we were playing with stick horses at Grandma's house and Andrea was explaining what saddlebags are for.
A: And if you were in the Pony Express, you could use them to carry mail.
E: Papa is the male. I'm a female.

• "Why was six afraid of seven? Because seven ate nine! Get it? It's a homophone joke."

• "I brought a board book for Milayna in case she gets bored. Get it?!"

1 comment: