•Jacob, running into the room with a bag full of cars: "Mama, I may be as as strong as a buffaloooooo!
• Jacob, bringing a book to me (Andrea): Can you read this to me, Bright Eyes?
• Jacob, "reading" the fortune from his cookie: "I will have a "R" when I grow up." That's what it says. ("R" is Jacob's very favorite letter.)
• Elsie, while eating her cereal: I have to eat the rest of my bran mash. (For whatever reason, soggy cereal is called "bran mash" at our house.) Josh: You have to eat your bran mash so you can be strong to run, and prance, and pull carts... E: Only draft horses do that.
• Elsie: Overly tired makes your brain go silly.
• Andrea: Jacob, shall we change your pants?
Jacob: It's a middle-size poop. It's not dangerous.
• Elsie and Jacob, while patting my pregnant belly and laughing: Mama has a fat tummy! Your tummy is so fat!
Elsie: Hey, I think the baby heard us!
• Elsie: My bottom is closed, sorry. No spanking time for you today!
• Elsie: Wait a minute! There's a little guy under there! (As Elsie is peeking at Jacob underneath a blanket)
• Josh: Elsie, I don't like you climbing up there. I'm afraid you could fall. (As Elsie is climbing into the bathroom sink to play) Elsie: It's okay, Papa. You can be brave.
The tongue adds a nice "come hither" touch to her performance. ;)
ReplyDelete