The Good: I actually woke up EARLY to get ready for work!
The Bad: Turns out it was FIVE HOURS early.
The Ugly: I didn't realize it until I looked at the clock in the car on my way out of the subdivision.
This is what happens when a) It's always still dark outside when you leave for work (at least, in the winter), and b) Small children long ago acclimated you to waking up exhausted.
This isn't the first time that I've woken up hours early, though. It happened at least once that I can remember when I was doing early morning custodial at BYU, but I realized it once I got out of the shower and looked at a clock. I definitely checked the time this morning, but I guess my brain blocked out the hour and just took in the minutes.
And I was wondering why my alarm hadn't gone off, and why the windshield hadn't completely frosted over...
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wow. Five hours early has to be some sort of record, right? :D
ReplyDeleteTrue Story: One time I went to pick up my friend Dan for basketball at 5:30 am and I called him when I got outside his house and let him know I was outside. Then he called back a few minutes later asking if I knew what time it was. I looked at the dashboard clock, saw that it was 3:30, laughed, and told him that I would be back in 2 hours to pick him up. I figure I just saw the :30 on the clock and felt rested enough that I assumed it was 5:30. I think something like this happened once in high school too, with waking up at 6:30 pm and getting ready for seminary cause it was dark outside.
ReplyDelete