Looking toward the bright blessings to come our way this year!

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

NOT authorized paper. . .





So, Elsie loves to color. And, being the good parents that we are, in trying to foster her artistic talents, we encourage Elsie to color, and we let her use markers when she wants to--at least under supervision. She knows she needs to use only the "authorized paper" or a coloring book to color on, she has to wear an apron, and we put a big "drawing board" (the back of one of those flimsy build your own bookshelves) down first to protect our floor. We are all pretty happy with the arrangement.
But sometimes markers don't always get put away properly.

Elsie likes to experiment with the rules on occasion. In this case, in our bathroom. At least it was a highlighter, which comes off most things pretty easily. . .



4 comments:

  1. Wow, her brother's only two weeks old and she's already got a little pact going with him:

    E: Okay, you distract them and I'll find a marker.
    J: (stares at E)
    E: Perfect! Just keep looking at them like that!
    J: (blinks)
    E: Ha Ha! So cute. They'll never notice I'm gone! And if I get caught, I'll just say I was doing it for you!
    J: (wrinkles nose)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, how long was she alone? That's pretty much the entire bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She did it sometime between when I left for work and when Andrea was done waking up and feeding Jacob. Maybe 45 minutes or an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. The tub's a gem. Just... wow. Yay parenthood!

    ReplyDelete