Things I have gotten done to be ready for the baby:
• Planted surviving plants I had started from seed into the garden boxes so I won't feel as guilty if they die (because at least I did everything I knew to do!)
• Recaulked tub/shower, first removing all the old moldy caulk
• Cinderella-scrubbed kitchen and dining room floors (including under the fridge and oven) and corner hallway
• Shampooed all the carpets--even under our bed and our closet floors!
• Washed living room drapes that were disgustingly dusty
• Moved living room furniture from corner under rotten spot (with Josh's help)
• Bought a new port-a-crib mattress
• Set up crib in our room
• Put baby clothes in dresser (just the NB and 0-3 months stuff)
• Reorganized the rest of the baby girl clothes
• Moved tubs of Christmas stuff from hallway to garage (they are not put in their final destination, but at least they're not in the hallway!)
• Bought several big plastic tubs to organize more stuff that is just in boxes or bags and that one day will go in the garage or shed
• Stocked up on a few post-partum care essentials
• Started packing hospital bag
• Caught up on a tiny bit of mending which I WON'T have time for with a new baby
• Bought a huge bag of styrofoam plates
Things I still need to do before baby comes:
• Get out carseat and have ready to put into the car
• Scrub the rest of the hallway and the tile by the laundry area
• Re-clean kitchen and dining room floors (thank you to my children for spilled juice, Otter pops, unidentifiable sticky spots, etc.)
• Cut Jacob's hair again
• Cut Josh's hair again
• Keep up with dishes and laundry
• Stock up on easy snacks and foods for me and kids
• Stock up on diapers (you don't usually get baby showers after you've had one kid of each gender)
• Disinfect/wash baby toys
• Get out baby swing and bounce chair
• Keep up with vacuuming
• Visiting teaching for July
• Set up roach baits all over
• Keep remaining garden alive
• Clean out/reorganize our pantry
• Reorganize/clean out storage closet past laundry area
• More mending
• Organize rest of my art/craft/sewing stuff in dining room
• Pull viney weeds off fence and rosebushes before they get seed pods
• Seek and destroy black widows that show up
• Keep kids alive
• Survive RIDICULOUS HEAT, swelling, exhaustion, hemorrhoids, lack of sleep, frequent low blood sugar, constant urination, etc.
I won't even list all the things I'd LIKE to do but won't happen. : ) And probably half of my "need to do still" list won't happen either.
On the up side, the re-roofing project has recommenced. YAY! : ) Thank you to Dad (Gregg) and Josh. : ) Just don't fall through, okay?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Meanwhile, Elsie's to-do list consists only of "Have the 4th of July!" As far as she understands, the baby will come minutes after the parade is over.
ReplyDelete