To those of you who occasionally read this blog and haven't heard otherwise, we are happy to tell you all that we are expecting a little one on July 21st. I am feeling pretty good most days--nausea is gone for now, but exhaustion comes and goes!
Elsie and Jacob's favorite thing recently is to put their little hands on my belly and laughingly exclaim, "You have a fat tummy!" (This, of course, happens no matter where we are or whom we are with. Good thing I've already told most people!) And sometimes when they are laughing about how fat my tummy is, Elsie will all of a sudden gasp and whisper, "Hey! I think the baby heard us!" So cute. They are both pretty excited.
I do have to say that I am HOPING that the person I loaned my maternity clothes to will return them very soon. There is definitely a limit to how long I can get away with wearing regular clothes without looking ridiculous and being pretty uncomfortable. Thank goodness my mom thought to send a small box of maternity things she found at Goodwill--the pants I have been wearing for weeks now, as well as a couple of the shirts. But really. With my two crazy kids, it's not like 2 pairs of pants stay CLEAN all that long!
We will be finding out SOON whether we're having a boy or a girl. . . I definitely like knowing, if nothing else, just to feel like I have a better sense of who the little person inside me is going to be, and to know what clothes, etc. to get out of storage and washed and cleaned and ready before the little one arrives. We should know in a week, barring extreme baby leg-crossing! : )
Any bets on boy vs. girl?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yep, my money's still on girl. I feel good about this. I think that if it is, I and everyone else who voted girl should get to name her.
ReplyDeleteHooray! A week! I can't wait for another update. :D
ReplyDeleteI'll tell you all what. If you choose the name that we already like, we might go with it. : )
ReplyDelete