Looking toward the bright blessings to come our way this year!

Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Gospel According to Elsie

We have Book of Mormon and Bible story books for Elsie that we call her "scriptures," but lately, when we're reading scriptures as a family, she reads another book out loud, and says those are her scriptures.

Lately it's been a book about animal noises that she likes. When we finished reading the other night, she said she needed to finish reading her scriptures before we could say our family prayer. I don't remember everything she said (she wasn't reading the words; she was making stuff up in a singsong voice), but the last part went like this:
Flamingos are red, violets are blue... Penguins are friends, wolves are not. And if a bee stings you, it will hurt. Amen.

Amen, indeed.

1 comment:

  1. That's about as much as I ever learned about zoology. I'm glad she's learning about the dangers of wolves and bees.

    ReplyDelete