Looking toward the bright blessings to come our way this year!

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Utah trip









Last month we drove up to Utah for the wedding reception of one of my old roommates. It was great to see old friends and some family while we were there, and it was fun to be back in Provo again and to visit campus with the kids.

The trip was not without its mishaps, however. (What family road trip ever is?) Jacob got a pretty nasty burn from the end of a sparkler falling onto his hand at the end of the wedding reception, and after we finally left, right before we got onto the interstate, one of our tires blew out.

I have to say that I am so thankful for our friends who did stay and help us with Jacob (Michelle, Andrea, and Ryan) and make sure he was okay. I am thankful to Natalia's in-laws, who were so kind and helpful as well. I am so grateful for the Priesthood power on the earth today, and for God's many tender mercies upon us always.

Josh and Ryan gave Jacob a blessing and he really was very good and calm. His hand will always have a scar, but it's healing beautifully, now, and there is no lasting damage at all. We were able to put on the spare tire at a McDonald's a block before the interstate and got back to where we were staying without incident. We did buy all new tires the next day (all the tires were in as bad shape as the one that was blown), so we did have to spend about $500 more than we had anticipated on the trip. But we were so fortunate that the tire was blown BEFORE we got on the interstate, and BEFORE we were on our way home on Sunday when there wouldn't have been any tire place open and we could have been stuck out in the middle of nowhere for a LONG time.

All in all, we are glad to be back, but glad that we went, too. And always, always counting our blessings!

1 comment:

  1. I was speaking with Clark's mom and she asked me how my friend's baby was doing and I didn't know what she was talking about. She mentioned someone had needed some oil for a blessing. We went through pictures and she was able to point all of you out.
    I'm so sorry Jacob was hurt, but I'm grateful all of you were together and you had lots of friends with you to help out and that some of them were worthy priesthood holders so a blessing could be given immediately.
    And it seems like you always have car adventures when you go on road trips, doesn't it? I hope that those tires last you a looooong time.
    Love you all!

    ReplyDelete