Looking toward the bright blessings to come our way this year!

Thursday, October 15, 2009

And the verdict is. . .



So today was the day of our "big" ultrasound. They like to do this one between 18 and 20 weeks, and Andrea is about 19 weeks along. I had been thinking it was going to be a boy. Andrea didn't feel strongly one way or the other (and she hadn't with Elsie, either). We both would have been happy with either--it would be nice for Elsie to have a sister and to have them be so close in age, and we already have all the girl stuff we'd need. But a boy would be fun since we hadn't had one yet, and there is nothing like a son to make his papa proud.

Anyway, the verdict is: (drum roll, please. . .) . . .

A boy! : ) : ) : ) (And pretty clearly, too, as this little guy gave us the perfect shot at a good view.)

So we are both very excited for our little boy to come in March. Andrea is excited to be able to have another baby shower. And we know some family who will be excited for the excuse to go out shopping for some baby boy clothes. : )

We don't have a name settled or anything yet. We'll let you know. We have had the name Spartacus suggested. . . Any other suggestions will probably be laughed at. But feel free to offer them if you like.

And here's our little guy sucking his thumb:

11 comments:

  1. Another happy baby-related thing: I've felt the little guy move for sure for sure (like kicking around) starting last week. And when I was getting the ultrasound, he was definitely moving a LOT. : ) So maybe we'll have a little athlete. Gosh, that would bum Josh out. . . ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joshua Spartacus Freeman.

    I like it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's an idea. Name every boy you have Spartacus. That way, when people come to see your family and they hear about Spartacus and ask which one he is, they can all be truthful about it. And then Kirk Douglas will shed a tear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Steve's onto something here. You could also do Zorro if you wanted to make Anthony Hopkins a little emotional, it just depends on which old guy you like more. And this way Tony Curtis doesn't have to die.

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S.- A boy in March? Oh how original. I guess that's what Leah and I get for being such trend-setters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually, we had been trying for about 6 months before I got pregnant, Chris, so it's not like we PLANNED to have our baby in March. So if you still have issues with it, take it up with the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray!! How fun and exciting! I guess we should just start planning now for our next one to be a boy, huh? :-D

    Also, Andrea, I'm really going to reply to your e-mail soon! We finally had a tech guy come fix our phone and internet today, so we are not so cut off from the other side of the world anymore, thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, don't think Aloysius is gone. Just waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Um, also, was that vid there before? It's fabulous. :D

    ReplyDelete